Smt. S. B. Gardi Department of English,
Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University Bhavnagar
M.A. Semester 3
English Language Teaching 1
Unit 1: The role of English in India
Teaching of EST in Indian Conditions by R. S. Sharma (Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi)
Teaching of English for Science and Technology in India has several drawbacks. To study the drawbacks please refer to the copy of research article shared with you in the class and study the presentation.
Teaching of est in indian conditions by r s sharma from Parth Bhatt
- Courses and Methods
- Course design should be such which helps a learner of EST to offer contemporary / up-to-date knowledge
- Teachers should offer a learning environment where learner can contribute, share, and grow.
- Material should be concise, accurate and genuine.
- Lack of availability of material in mother tongue and regional languages
- Ill-equipped Teachers
- Learner's need analysis
- Spoken English is at a low priority
- Learner's First Language (L1) interferes in Learning Second Language (L2)
- Teachers of EST must know scientific vocabulary or preferably from science background